We train you like the life you save will be ours!
Link to download Liability Waiver - (right click and save)
Risk Awareness and Release
Canadian Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid Program
I, ___________________________________ ("Participant") acknowledge that I am being granted access to the
Canadian Red Cross Society's ("CRC") (The CRC term includes throughout this document, its directors, officers,
employees, volunteers, agents and Authorized Providers) Wilderness & Remote First Aid Program ("Program").
In consideration of CRC accepting my application and admitting me into the Program, I agree to the following terms
and conditions of my participation:
1. I acknowledge that I have read descriptive materials provided to me about the Program and have had ample
opportunity to ask questions about it. I understand that there are dangers and risks, sometimes extreme, to me in
participating in the Program, arising from many factors over which CRC has no control, including:
a. Terrain – Wilderness training exposes participants to rugged and unpredictable slopes, water hazards and
surface conditions, which may increase risk of injury.
b. Falling objects – These may be experienced in wilderness settings. It is impossible to predict when they may
c. Weather – Weather conditions may be inclement and extreme and can change rapidly without warning. It is
my responsibility to wear proper and sufficient clothing and equipment at all times.
d. Modes of transportation – There may be increased risk involved in transportation in wilderness
environments, whether on country roads and pathways or in off-road locations, and whether by motor
vehicle, boat or other machine.
e. Skills of Instructors – Although CRC uses only trained personnel in the Program, there may be differences in
the capacity of different Instructors to respond to conditions and circumstances arising in wilderness
f. Conduct and skills of other Program participants – A participant in the Program may in various
situations face increased risk due to inexperience, poor judgment, negligence or deliberate acts or omissions
by another Program participant.
g. Practicing First Aid procedures – risks arise in practising first aid procedures on or with fellow
participants: e.g. inappropriate touching; rough handling of body parts; lifting; being transported by stretcher
or other means; being constricted by bandages; being injured by first aid equipment.
I voluntarily accept those and all other risks arising for me in the Program, including the risk of serious bodily
injury, death, and property damage or loss, whether caused by negligence or by any other cause.
2. I understand that there are rules that apply to all participants in the Program, and that it is my responsibility to learn and observe these rules as they exist from time to time. The rules are available from my Program Instructor.
3. I understand that CRC provides no security to protect my property while I am participating in the Program, and that it is my responsibility to safeguard my property.
Wilderness & Remote First Aid Risk Awareness and Release Page 1 of 2
4. I accept that where transportation is provided to a site during the Program in a vehicle not owned by CRC,
whether or not operated by CRC; CRC is not responsible for my safety or to insure me against risk of injury, and
my only recourse, if any, is against the owner of the vehicle and that person's insurer, and not against CRC or its insurer.
5. I fully accept, without recourse against CRC, all risks of injury, illness, theft, loss, or related damages which may result from my participation in the Program, whether during or outside regular Program hours.
6. I waive all rights and entitlement to seek damages or other recourse from CRC, and to bring any action, cause of action or claim for damages for any loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in the Program. I release CRC from liability for injury or loss of any kind arising from my participation in the Program, whether the injury or loss was caused by negligence or by any other cause.
7. I confirm that I am of the age of majority and that I have read and understood this Risk Awareness and Release, intending it to be binding upon my heirs, executors and assigns and all members of my family.
Dated this ____day of _______ , 20 ____.
Name of Participant Signature of Participant
If the Participant is not of the age of majority, the following must be confirmed on his or her behalf by an authorized parent or guardian:
1. I have read the terms of this Risk Awareness and Release (including the provisions that follow) and have
reviewed them with the Participant, who has confirmed that s/he has understood them and accepts them.
2. I have read descriptive materials provided to me about the Program and have had ample opportunity to ask
questions about it. For myself, and on behalf of the Participant, I consent to the Participant entering this
Program and I accept all of the terms of the Risk Awareness and Release, intending this document and its terms to be binding upon me and upon the Participant, and upon his/her heirs, executors and assigns and all members of his/her family, as well as my own.
3. I release CRC from liability for any loss the Participant, I or my own family may suffer as a result of the
Participant's participation in the Program, whether caused by negligence or by any other cause.
4. I warrant to CRC that I have legal authority to act on the Participant's behalf in signing this Risk Awareness and Release.
Dated this ____ day of ______________ , 20 ____.
LMac Community CPR
875 Hamilton Road, London, Ontario
Ph: 519-453-1483 Email:Laura@LMac-CPR.ca
Copyright 2020 - LMac Community CPR