For anyone who would like to teach Canadian Red Cross courses. (32 hrs + online)
Partnering with and being part of the
Canadian Red Cross and the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada ensures quality training, quality material, and certification that is recognized by professional organizations world wide.
Your work environment or geographical location may
affect the types of injuries/medical conditions you may encounter as well as the time you need to wait for emergency response which will affect the First Aid course you should be taking. The knowledge, critical thinking, and skills you gain from an LMac Community CPR course will aid you in caring for your family, friend or co-worker until medical aid arrives.
Our clients come from many
fields including medical personnel (nurses, personal support workers, dentists & doctors), office staff, manufacturing, construction, skilled
trades, Scouts/Guides and other youth groups. While most of them have different training needs, they all have one thing in common - they took the
time to learn how to help someone else who requires First Aid - from a basic bandage to full CPR.
General COVID19 Info:
• Currently, all classes in our classroom are limited to 12 participants so don't delay registering for a course you want as many are full well before the course date. If the course will be held at your facility then we can go higher.
• Due to limited class size we must have full payment prior to the course to guarantee your spot and currently we are not accepting cash payments - depending on the course you may pay by PayPal, E-Transfer or Corporate invoicing (if pre-approved).
• All participants are required to complete a CoVid questionaire prior to entering the teaching area.
Mar. 15, 2022:
• Effective March 21st, Ontario is ending the mask mandate so they will no longer be required to be worn during class. While we will still encourage participants to wear masks, especially when close to other participants, it will not be a requirement so there may be participants who choose not to wear one.
Jan. 1, 2022:
Effective Dec 31, 2021 the extention to First Aid certificate expiries ended. This means that anyone whose certificate expires after that date will not be able to take a recertification course and will have to re-take the full course.
Apr. 2, 2021:
As an essential service we were able to continue teaching through the previous lockdown and are continuing to offer all our courses either at our teaching location or at a client's site during the current lockdown.
• In-person health and safety training is allowed (page 27)
• Class size is based on facility space (page 10)
• First Aid training is permitted (page 27)
Oct. 15, 2020:
Canadian Red Cross has now released their new Wilderness First Responder program!
The Wilderness First Responder program has just been released by the Canadian Red Cross and will be available from LMac in January 2021!
While this course is generally taken by people who will be providing professional level First Aid, such as Search & Rescue services in a wilderness environment, it is also a great course for those who are applying for employment in a wilderness setting where a higher level of training is an advantage or for those with an interest in taking their Wilderness First Aid to the next level.
This course is a combination of the skills, knowledge and equipment that a First Responder would use in an urban setting and the longer term care abilities plus other skills that a Wilderness First Aider would use in a wilderness setting.
LMac Community CPR 875 Hamilton Road, London, Ontario
Ph: 519-453-1483 Email:Laura@LMac-CPR.ca Copyright 2020 - LMac Community CPR